Gauteng authorities entreated to flee up housing allocations after unlawful invasions
By ANA Reporter 16h in the past
Johannesburg – South Africa’s major opposition Democratic Alliance on Tuesday entreated the Gauteng authorities to trail housing allocations, asserting a need of done but unoccupied models exact by the province had been illegally invaded.
Carried out housing models in Fleurhof, south-west of Johannesburg, had been invaded and a few vandalised, while 342 models and 754 apartment rooms hold been illegally occupied on the Malibongwe Ridge mission in the metropolis, said DA provincial legislator Mervyn Cirota, who heads the human settlements portfolio.
In Meadowlands in the sprawling Soweto township, 230 models remained unoccupied after completion, as did 34 models at Mzimhlophe in Orlando West.
In Clayville Extension 45, Ward 1 and Extension 71, Ward 92 in Tembisa, unlawful occupants had also taken over residential models, amid allegations that authorities officers had offered the homes, Cirota said.
He entreated Gauteng’s Department of Human Settlements and Cooperative Governance and Broken-down Affairs to make certain no done housing models hold been left unoccupied and to review the rightful beneficiaries in time in bid to manual particular of delays in allocations.
“The unlawful occupants are costing the department extra cash by technique of criminal charges for eviction orders, eviction processes as smartly as repairs for the damages,” said Cirota.
The DA would table questions in the legislature to Gauteng member of the govt. council for housing Lebogang Maile to resolve what number of done and unoccupied housing models the province had, and why they had no longer been allocated, the provincial member of parliament added.
African Recordsdata Company (ANA)