Gauteng authorities told to tempo up housing allocations after illegal invasions
By ANA Reporter 15h ago
Johannesburg – South Africa’s main opposition Democratic Alliance on Tuesday told the Gauteng authorities to escape housing allocations, announcing a replace of accomplished however unoccupied fashions across the province had been illegally invaded.
Completed housing fashions in Fleurhof, south-west of Johannesburg, had been invaded and a few vandalised, while 342 fashions and 754 condominium rooms had been illegally occupied at the Malibongwe Ridge undertaking in town, stated DA provincial legislator Mervyn Cirota, who heads the human settlements portfolio.
In Meadowlands in the sprawling Soweto township, 230 fashions remained unoccupied after completion, as did 34 fashions at Mzimhlophe in Orlando West.
In Clayville Extension 45, Ward 1 and Extension 71, Ward 92 in Tembisa, illegal occupants had additionally taken over residential fashions, amid allegations that authorities officials had supplied the homes, Cirota stated.
He told Gauteng’s Division of Human Settlements and Cooperative Governance and Former Affairs to originate obvious that no accomplished housing fashions had been left unoccupied and to ascertain the rightful beneficiaries in time in state to lead poke of delays in allocations.
“The illegal occupants are costing the department extra money by system of licensed funds for eviction orders, eviction processes as correctly as repairs for the damages,” stated Cirota.
The DA would desk questions in the legislature to Gauteng member of the executive council for housing Lebogang Maile to desire what number of accomplished and unoccupied housing fashions the province had, and why that they had no longer been distributed, the provincial member of parliament added.
African Recordsdata Agency (ANA)