Gauteng authorities urged to slide up housing allocations after illegal invasions
By ANA Reporter 23h ago
Johannesburg – South Africa’s foremost opposition Democratic Alliance on Tuesday urged the Gauteng authorities to urge housing allocations, announcing a resolution of accomplished nevertheless unoccupied devices for the duration of the province had been illegally invaded.
Performed housing devices in Fleurhof, south-west of Johannesburg, had been invaded and some vandalised, whereas 342 devices and 754 condominium rooms had been illegally occupied at the Malibongwe Ridge venture in the city, said DA provincial legislator Mervyn Cirota, who heads the human settlements portfolio.
In Meadowlands in the sprawling Soweto township, 230 devices remained unoccupied after completion, as did 34 devices at Mzimhlophe in Orlando West.
In Clayville Extension 45, Ward 1 and Extension 71, Ward 92 in Tembisa, illegal occupants had furthermore taken over residential devices, amid allegations that authorities officers had sold the homes, Cirota said.
He urged Gauteng’s Department of Human Settlements and Cooperative Governance and Faded Affairs to make certain that that no accomplished housing devices had been left unoccupied and to test the rightful beneficiaries in time in command to preserve away from delays in allocations.
“The illegal occupants are costing the department extra cash regarding lawful fees for eviction orders, eviction processes as well to repairs for the damages,” said Cirota.
The DA would desk questions in the legislature to Gauteng member of the manager council for housing Lebogang Maile to search out out what number of accomplished and unoccupied housing devices the province had, and why they’d no longer been allocated, the provincial member of parliament added.
African News Agency (ANA)