Gauteng government told to flee up housing allocations after illegal invasions
Johannesburg – South Africa’s significant opposition Democratic Alliance on Tuesday told the Gauteng government to flee up housing allocations, pronouncing a extensive range of accomplished but unoccupied objects all around the province had been illegally invaded.
Performed housing objects in Fleurhof, south-west of Johannesburg, had been invaded and a few vandalised, whereas 342 objects and 754 condo rooms have been illegally occupied at the Malibongwe Ridge project within the metropolis, acknowledged DA provincial legislator Mervyn Cirota, who heads the human settlements portfolio.
In Meadowlands within the sprawling Soweto township, 230 objects remained unoccupied after completion, as did 34 objects at Mzimhlophe in Orlando West.
In Clayville Extension 45, Ward 1 and Extension 71, Ward 92 in Tembisa, illegal occupants had additionally taken over residential objects, amid allegations that government officials had sold the properties, Cirota acknowledged.
He told Gauteng’s Division of Human Settlements and Cooperative Governance and Earlier Affairs to make certain that that no accomplished housing objects have been left unoccupied and to confirm the rightful beneficiaries in time in characterize to manual certain of delays in allocations.
“The illegal occupants are costing the division extra money by system of ethical bills for eviction orders, eviction processes besides as repairs for the damages,” acknowledged Cirota.
The DA would table questions within the legislature to Gauteng member of the government council for housing Lebogang Maile to choose what number of accomplished and unoccupied housing objects the province had, and why they had not been allocated, the provincial member of parliament added.
African News Agency (ANA)