Gauteng govt urged to saunter up housing allocations after illegal invasions
By ANA Reporter Sep 15, 2020
Johannesburg – South Africa’s major opposition Democratic Alliance on Tuesday urged the Gauteng govt to urge up housing allocations, pronouncing a series of done but unoccupied items across the province had been illegally invaded.
Finished housing items in Fleurhof, south-west of Johannesburg, had been invaded and a few vandalised, whereas 342 items and 754 condominium rooms hold been illegally occupied at the Malibongwe Ridge venture within town, said DA provincial legislator Mervyn Cirota, who heads the human settlements portfolio.
In Meadowlands within the sprawling Soweto township, 230 items remained unoccupied after completion, as did 34 items at Mzimhlophe in Orlando West.
In Clayville Extension 45, Ward 1 and Extension 71, Ward 92 in Tembisa, illegal occupants had also taken over residential items, amid allegations that govt officials had bought the houses, Cirota said.
He urged Gauteng’s Division of Human Settlements and Cooperative Governance and Aged Affairs to abolish certain that no done housing items hold been left unoccupied and to verify the rightful beneficiaries in time in repeat to handbook certain of delays in allocations.
“The illegal occupants are costing the department extra money in phrases of merely fees for eviction orders, eviction processes as properly as repairs for the damages,” said Cirota.
The DA would table questions within the legislature to Gauteng member of the executive council for housing Lebogang Maile to decide on how many done and unoccupied housing items the province had, and why they’d no longer been disbursed, the provincial member of parliament added.
African Info Company (ANA)