NNPC Says Allegation of AKK Contract Inflation is Baseless, Counterfeit, Malicious … Threatens Just Action Against Online Newsletter
The Nigerian Nationwide Petroleum Company (NNPC) has pushed apart, in its entirety, the allegation that the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gasoline Pipeline Mission became as soon as inflated to the tune of $1.527billion, describing the accusation by an online medium against the Nationwide Oil Company as false, baseless and unsuitable.
A release this day in Abuja by the Company’s Team Same outdated Supervisor, Team Public Affairs, Dr. Kennie Obateru, acknowledged that the NNPC became as soon as brooding about instituting just appropriate actions against the medium and her collaborators.
NNPC acknowledged in the release that the corporation introduced the unsuitable accusation to the consideration of the Bureau for Public Procurement (BPP) which fully rejected the speculative prognosis of the online medium as false and now now not portraying the categorical space of the BPP’s fable on the area.
“Right here’s clearly a concocted prognosis geared in direction of attacking the character of the Team Managing Director (GMD) of NNPC, Mallam Mele Kolo Kyari, and the integrity of the Bureau of Public Procurements (BPP). Mallam Mele Kyari did now now not become the GMD till July 2019 and he’s being mentioned in a route of that took space in 2017 by the myth of the publication. Right here’s somewhat melancholy and malicious, brooding about that a additional gash of $300million of the contract value became as soon as completed under the Mele Kyari-led NNPC Management ensuing in the recognition by the Federal Govt Council as an unheard of movement.
The discharge defined that BPP, following an intensive overview and prognosis of the procurement swear, confirmed that the unit prices for line pipes adopted by the NNPC for the mission fetch been lifelike when when compared with most fresh market prices for 40”, 36”, 20” and 14” steel pipes, adding that it became as soon as on that basis that BPP confirmed and granted certificates of no objection dated August 11, 2017.
NNPC acknowledged that the AKK mission underwent a clear and originate aggressive at ease route of that resulted in the emergence of basically the most aggressive bidders, wondering how a aggressive at ease route of might presumably well maybe presumably be inflated.
“Approval of all relevant authorities fetch been bought after an intense scrutiny by the quite a lot of agencies. Right here’s a deliberate are attempting to deceive the Nigerian public with baseless knowledge”, the release exclaimed.
NNPC said the AKK pipeline mission became as soon as in point of fact one of many main landmark projects that fetch had clear processes from inception so far, with the total overview exercise implemented by NNPC and Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC).
The corporation cited the quite a lot of stringent due route of reports and scrutiny, internally and externally, which the AKK pipeline mission became as soon as subjected to to encompass:
• Behavior of mission bankability spy, at mission’s realizing in 2013, undertaken by Same outdated Chartered Financial institution to ascertain creep for meals for attracting financing from world community
• Execution of mission feasibility and Front Conclude Engineering Produce (FEED) by a fair world firm, ILF of Germany, in 2014. The shrimp print developed at this section had ample engineering maintain shrimp print to enable a aggressive class of estimate to be submitted by the contractors
• Commercial of the mission in each local and foreign print media in 2013. After completion of the FEED spy by ILF in 2015, the prequalified bidders fetch been issued at ease paperwork
• Competitive tendering and overview of the bids by each NNPC and transaction advisers, Alpine and moreover by a team from ICRC
• In depth overview of the mission maintain and the closing fee in 2017 by the BPP, culminating in the issuance of a Certificates of No Objection in August 2017
• Receipt of due route of certificates for the mission, including Favorite Industry Case and Final Industry Case from ICRC and Local Teach Compliance Certificates from Nigerian Teach Construction and Management Board (NCDMB) earlier than presenting to the Federal Govt Council (FEC) for approval in December 2017
• Renegotiation of the contract when financing became as soon as now now not to be provided by the contractors following a stalemate due to the shortcoming of the firm awarded the contract to growth financing in 2019, ensuing in additional gash of $300million of the contract value under the Mele Kyari-led NNPC Management
• Formation of a Guidance Committee in July 2020 by Mallam Mele Kyari comprising key mission stakeholders as NNPC, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Justice, the Central Financial institution, Debt Management Office, Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) and guide from the Presidency to make certain that transparency in the implementation of the mission.
NNPC acknowledged that after various failed makes an try in the ideal 13 years to birth the AKK mission actions, the management of Mallam Mele Kyari, within 365 days of stewardship introduced the mission heading in the suitable route ensuing in the award of the contract at a aggressive mark and eventual flag off of constructing that the world witnessed in June 2020.
The discharge called on all effectively-that methodology Nigerians to present the Mallam Mele Kyari-NNPC led Management the credit it deserves, even because it encouraged them to practice the execution of the mission which it said became as soon as being undertaken in a clear and aggressive formulation essentially based fully on Transparency, Accountability, Efficiency Excellence Agenda of the Company.
NNPC knowledgeable people of the public to fail to keep in mind the online medium fable which it described as malicious, baseless and a straight away assault on the character of the actual person of its Team Managing Director and the BPP, and designed to distract Mallam Kyari from a hit pursuit of turning in the Subsequent Stage Agenda of President Buhari.
Dr. Kennie Obateru
Team Same outdated Supervisor
Team Public Affairs Division
seventh September, 2020.