NNPC Says Allegation of AKK Contract Inflation is Baseless, Fraudulent, Malicious … Threatens Perfect Circulate In opposition to Online Newsletter
The Nigerian Nationwide Petroleum Company (NNPC) has brushed apart, in its entirety, the allegation that the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Fuel Pipeline Mission became inflated to the tune of $1.527billion, describing the accusation by an on-line medium in opposition to the Nationwide Oil Company as unfounded, baseless and unfounded.
A free up this day in Abuja by the Company’s Community Commonplace Manager, Community Public Affairs, Dr. Kennie Obateru, stated that the NNPC became interesting about instituting moral actions in opposition to the medium and her collaborators.
NNPC stated within the free up that the corporation introduced the unfounded accusation to the attention of the Bureau for Public Procurement (BPP) which entirely rejected the speculative prognosis of the receive medium as unfounded and no longer portraying the sincere location of the BPP’s document on the enviornment.
“That is clearly a concocted prognosis aimed toward attacking the persona of the Community Managing Director (GMD) of NNPC, Mallam Mele Kolo Kyari, and the integrity of the Bureau of Public Procurements (BPP). Mallam Mele Kyari did no longer change into the GMD unless July 2019 and he’s being mentioned in a course of that took location in 2017 by the memoir of the e-newsletter. That is highly unlucky and malicious, interesting about that an additional cut of $300million of the contract cost became performed below the Mele Kyari-led NNPC Administration ensuing within the status by the Federal Executive Council as an unheard of action.
The free up defined that BPP, following an intensive review and prognosis of the procurement divulge, confirmed that the unit costs for line pipes adopted by the NNPC for the challenge were practical when put next with contemporary market costs for 40”, 36”, 20” and 14” steel pipes, including that it became on that foundation that BPP confirmed and granted certificates of no objection dated August 11, 2017.
NNPC stated that the AKK challenge underwent a transparent and open aggressive soft course of that resulted within the emergence of essentially the most aggressive bidders, wondering how a aggressive soft course of will most certainly be inflated.
“Approval of all connected authorities were obtained after an intense scrutiny by the many companies. That is a deliberate strive and misinform the Nigerian public with baseless recordsdata”, the free up exclaimed.
NNPC stated the AKK pipeline challenge became one of many vital landmark projects that delight in had transparent processes from inception to this level, with the final review dispute applied by NNPC and Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC).
The corporation cited the many stringent due course of opinions and scrutiny, internally and externally, which the AKK pipeline challenge became subjected to to consist of:
• Habits of challenge bankability be taught about, at challenge’s thought in 2013, undertaken by Commonplace Chartered Bank to substantiate appetite for attracting financing from international community
• Execution of challenge feasibility and Front Discontinuance Engineering Originate (FEED) by a respected international firm, ILF of Germany, in 2014. The details developed at this section had ample engineering arrangement diminutive print to allow a aggressive class of estimate to be submitted by the contractors
• Commercial of the challenge in both native and international print media in 2013. After completion of the FEED be taught about by ILF in 2015, the prequalified bidders were issued soft paperwork
• Competitive tendering and review of the bids by both NNPC and transaction advisers, Alpine and furthermore by a crew from ICRC
• Intensive review of the challenge arrangement and the closing cost in 2017 by the BPP, culminating within the issuance of a Certificates of No Objection in August 2017
• Receipt of due course of certificates for the challenge, including Original Business Case and Final Business Case from ICRC and Local Sing material Compliance Certificates from Nigerian Sing material Pattern and Administration Board (NCDMB) ahead of presenting to the Federal Executive Council (FEC) for approval in December 2017
• Renegotiation of the contract when financing became no longer to be equipped by the contractors following a stalemate attributable to the inability of the firm awarded the contract to development financing in 2019, ensuing in extra cut of $300million of the contract cost below the Mele Kyari-led NNPC Administration
• Formation of a Steering Committee in July 2020 by Mallam Mele Kyari comprising key challenge stakeholders as NNPC, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Justice, the Central Bank, Debt Administration Office, Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) and marketing consultant from the Presidency to verify transparency within the implementation of the challenge.
NNPC stated that after a total lot of failed attempts within the final 13 years to inaugurate the AKK challenge activities, the leadership of Mallam Mele Kyari, interior one twelve months of stewardship introduced the challenge on notice ensuing within the award of the contract at a aggressive mark and eventual flag off of improvement that the arena witnessed in June 2020.
The free up known as on all correctly-that blueprint Nigerians to present the Mallam Mele Kyari-NNPC led Administration the credit score it deserves, at the same time as it encouraged them to use the execution of the challenge which it stated became being undertaken in a transparent and aggressive formula in accordance with Transparency, Accountability, Efficiency Excellence Agenda of the Company.
NNPC instructed members of the general public to brush apart the receive medium document which it described as malicious, baseless and a advise assault on the persona of the actual person of its Community Managing Director and the BPP, and designed to distract Mallam Kyari from successful pursuit of handing over the Next Stage Agenda of President Buhari.
Dr. Kennie Obateru
Community Commonplace Manager
Community Public Affairs Division
Seventh September, 2020.